Optimizing mobile apps to rank higher in an app store’s search results is known as the app store optimization service. The more heightens your app ranks in an app store’s search results.
This increased visibility usually results in more traffic to your app store page. The ASO process also necessitates a thorough understanding of your target customer base, including their keywords to find apps similar to yours. Search engines such as Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Other objectives, such as traffic to your online app and downloads, can be aided by increasing impressions.
Importance of App Store Optimization:
- According to Google, app store searches lead to the discovery of 40% of apps. As a result, searching for and downloading new apps in the app store is the most popular method.
- With hundreds of thousands of apps competing in the race for first place in each store, most publishers aren’t investing in app store optimization.
Factors to consider for App Store Optimization (ASO) include:
These factors have the most significant influence on where your app ranks, so pay close attention.
Name and description of the app:
- The keyword in the title should be the one that receives the most search traffic. Spend time researching which keyword that is, as changing your title too frequently can be harmful.
- As your app rises in the rankings and receives more reviews, word of mouth will spread about it. Altering the title can make it problematic for people to find your app.
- To improve your search rankings, you must first understand which keywords are relevant and frequently used by your target audience. It is beneficial to track competitors to see how you compare week to week.
- In search results, a subtitle appears beneath the title. However, it provides you with another opportunity to use more descriptive keywords.
The total number of downloads:
- The download count is important to ASO, but you don’t have complete control over it.
Reviews and ratings:
- Reviews and ratings are also significant and challenging at the same time to manage. However, there are ways to encourage satisfied customers to rate and review your product.
- The name and description of the app and the keywords are considered primary factors for the app store optimization service.
Difference between App Store Optimization (ASO) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
App Store Optimization, often known as app store SEO, is the process of improving the visibility of an app in the app store (Search Engine Optimization).
The primary distinction between ASO and SEO is that SEO is concerned with ranking a website or content on a search engine.
As a result, performing both practices will be quite different. Keyword optimization, back-linking, and conversion optimization are all examples of similarities between the two processes.
The ranking factors are the primary distinction between App Store Optimization and Search Engine Optimization companies. ASO is also used for mobile apps, whereas an SEO company uses SEO for websites. Although the list of ASO ranking factors is much shorter, many people are still unsure which ones play a role.
Why is App Store Optimization Necessary for App Growth?
Over 5 million apps are there for download from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. So your app will likely be up against a lot of stiff competition.
App Store Optimization’s primary goal is to increase the number of downloads and loyal users. The first step toward growing downloads is making your app easily discoverable by the right users. When considering App Store Optimization, there are several factors to look out for in Mobile App Development.
The connection between the App Store Optimization service and the Search Engine Optimization Company (SEO Company):
People mostly look for specific apps in app stores such as the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. A whopping 70% of mobile users use search to discover new apps. Furthermore, 65 percent of all downloads occur immediately following an investigation.
App Store searches are the most popular way to find new apps. Furthermore, the position of an app in the search rankings is directly proportional to the number of downloads. Therefore, users will find the application more relevant if it ranks higher in search results.
Higher-ranking apps also get more downloads because users rarely scroll through all search results. Usually, they only look at the first five or so. As a result, achieving a top rank is critical to app success.
Thus, you are missing out on an important marketing channel for mobile apps and games if you do not get your app optimized your app for the App Store.
There’s no denying that SEO and ASO are important excellent methods for increasing your optimization chances for greater discoverability in search engines and app stores.
So, as a result, rather than concentrating entirely on the conflict between the two, it is preferable to consider the issue thoroughly.