It will take no more than half an hour to make a duplicate. That is why this lesson is valuable: having neither knowledge in locksmith work, nor experience, it is really possible to create a replacement for the key. At least once such a master key will help out, but more is not necessary: our method is emergency, and such cases often do not happen, otherwise you still need to find a locksmith.
Key making machine
By purchasing a key maker machine, you can start your own small business. Keys are often lost, so people need to make duplicates. Purchasing devices purely for yourself or for business, decide for yourself. The main task is to correctly select the equipment that will take on the maximum work.
Pay attention to the type of can. As we said above, you will need a more serious option than those into which drinks are poured. For preservation, the container is thicker than for lemonade. Tin cans made of fairly dense tin are suitable for us.
Let’s get down to business.
- Examine the key. Please note that it does not have symmetry in one of the planes, because the teeth seem to be adjacent to one of the sides if you put the key on a flat surface.
- It is from this site that we will take the “measurement”. Take a lighter and “smoke” the key. Our task is to ensure that soot covers the entire surface of the metal. Look, don’t get burned! I remember we included pliers among the tools: use them to hold the key while smoking.
- Once you have achieved what you want, the key aside. Let the metal cool. At this time, prepare the tape. We need a strip that at least covers the surface of the key that we fired.
- We apply adhesive tape to the cooled key with the sticky side to the soot and draw it from above with our fingers, increasing adhesion. The next step is to carefully remove the tape. In our hands, we have nothing more than a semblance of a cast but in fact just an imprint.
- By the way, if you come up with another way to remove a similar imprint, you can implement it. The main thing is to get a template according to which we will cut out a duplicate for ourselves.
- Adhesive tape with a sticky side is applied to the tin. Before us are the contours of the key, along which we cut the tin with scissors. It is important not to rush to repeat all the teeth one to one. And do not forget to cut out the part of the key for which you will hold it with your fingers.
- Be sure to go around the cut duplicate with pliers, because in the process of cutting we involuntarily deform a flat plane. Now the duplicate is completely ready for use. We do not promise that it will last a long time, but how at least once a homemade product will work: a fact that we have personally verified.
- Using a homemade lockpick, you may encounter the fact that the key does not fit into the keyhole. Overcome the obstacle, twitching the key back and forth and up and down to go through the teeth of the entire well from the moving “steps” of the castle.
- When turning the duplicate, hold it with your fingers as close to the lock as possible so that the tin does not bend during the turning process.
- We will warn you right away that our advice is not for “dark” deeds, do not try to use the master class in order to violate the current legislation. Open only those locks that hide your property behind them.
- If you want such a master key to last longer, choose a denser metal, and for it – the appropriate scissors, and you will definitely succeed.