Many issues can occur with your printer. Windows 10 will tell you your printer has an error. However, it won’t give any explanations. If this happens, it will stop printing any print jobs and you won’t have the ability to send them.
Here’s how to fix it in Windows 10.
Verify that the printer is correctly connected to your PC You should ensure that the cable is properly connected to both your computer (and your printer) if you are using a wired model. You must ensure that the cable isn’t damaged. You must connect a wireless printer to a Wi-Fi network. printer is in error state It must also have an assigned IP address.
The following steps will verify that your computer recognizes your printer.
- Type the Control panel in the Start menu search and click on the Best Match button.
- Control Panel, below the Hardware & Sound options, click View Devices and Printers.
- The installed devices are now visible on your computer. Click here to locate your printer and choose it.
- Your printer’s Status should appear at the bottom of the bar. This means that the printer is recognized by your computer and can be communicated with.
- Reboot your printer
Many temporary problems can be fixed by rebooting a device. This applies to printers too. If your printer’s status indicates that it is in an error, you can turn off your printer, then turn it back on.
This can be done on most printers by pressing and holding the Power key. After waiting for about 30 seconds, press the Power again. The error message should disappear from your PC.
Verify the Cartridge and Paper Ink Levels
One reason your computer may report that your printer is having problems is that your printer does not have enough ink and/or the paper tray doesn’t contain enough. Technically speaking, this is an issue with your printer, not your PC.
First, fill the printer’s tray with printing papers. Next, turn on your printer to check the cartridge ink levels. If the levels are low, you should replace the cartridges.
Reinstall the Printer Drivers
Drivers for your printer control how it connects with your computer. You can reinstall these drivers if they are damaged or outdated.
Windows 10 drivers are easy to install, delete, and reinstall. Here’s how it works:
- Disconnect your printer from the PC.
- Launch the Control panel on your personal computer.
- Click the View devices & printers button below Technology and Sound.
- Look for your printer under the devices list.
- Right-click the printer and select To remove the device.
- Continue by selecting Yes.
If drivers have not been installed automatically, you can visit the website for the printer manufacturer to manually download and install the drivers.
Automate the Print Spooler Service
You might try setting the printer service in automatic mode to resolve the “canon printer error” issue.
- To open the Run dialog press Windows Key +.
- Click on the Print Spooler in the list and then select Property.
- Click on the dropdown menu beside Startup Type to choose Automated.
- Then click App and then OK.
- Reboot your PC.
Windows 10: Update
An older operating system version can cause problems such as the “printing in error state” message.
It’s simple to update Windows 10 and it can be done as follows:
- To open the Settings app, press Windows Key+ I
- Scroll to the Settings screen and click Security.
- From the sidebar, select Windows Update.
- Click to check for updates on the right.
- Install all updates.
Windows 10 Printer in Error state error
As long as your printer in error state, it won’t print anything. These methods will help you get your printer to print again.
Leave a Reply