Shelves are a great way to add a personal touch to any room. They provide a place to display items for the home, such as photos, mementos, and other items that are meaningful to you.
Decorating shelves can be a fun and creative way to express your personality.
There are many different ways to decorate shelves. You can keep it simple with just a few items, or go all out with an elaborate display. It all depends on your taste and what you want to achieve.
How to pick the right shelves
- Decide what you want to use the shelves for. Whether you need them for storage or decoration, or both, will help narrow down your options.
- Consider the size and shape of the shelves. They should be proportional to the space they’re going in and the items you plan on putting on them.
- Think about the material of the shelves. Wood, metal, and glass are all popular options that can each give your room a different look and feel.
- Determine how many shelves you need and where they should go. This will depend on both the function required and the space you have available.
How to style shelves
If you’re looking to add a personal touch to your home or office, one way to do so is by styling shelves. It may seem like a daunting task, but with a little creativity and some elbow grease, you can transform any boring shelf into a stylish display.
Tips on how to style shelves:
- Before you do anything else, if the shelves are already existing, remove everything and give them a good clean and dusting. This will create a blank slate to work with.
- Decide on a general theme or colour scheme for the items you’ll be displaying. This will make it easier to narrow down what items to put back on the shelves.
- Once you have a vision for your shelves, start grouping similar items together. For example, if you’re displaying books, group them by genre or colour. Or if you have a collection of figurines, group them by theme.
Create a Gallery display
A gallery display is a great way to add personality to your otherwise bland and meaningless shelves. To create a gallery display, start by picking out a few of your favorite prints or photos. Then, arrange the prints on the shelves, using removable strips or small nails to secure them in place.
To add an extra bit of sparkle, ambiance and to highlight them, hang up some string lights or fairy lights around the shelves or run through the items displayed.
Make a feature using Wall Stickers
Wall stickers and decals are the perfect way to feature your shelves and turn them into a design, rather than just a plain and practical piece of furniture.
If used in a nursery you could add clouds around each shelf and then follow the theme on other walls. For a childrens bedroom you may want to add cartoon characters or something sport related.
Let your creativity run wild and make the most of the limited, but valuable space surrounding the shelves.
To make the most of your shelves, consider the items you want to display and how they relate to one another. Think about the overall aesthetic you want to create and choose shelving that complements your decor and rooms theme.
Most importantly, don’t be afraid to get creative with your arrangement, mix and match different shelving heights, textures, and colours for a truly unique look.
Read more interesting articles at Mind-Drama
Leave a Reply