Since GTA V’s release into 2013, tens of thousands in addition to a multitude of customisations were created to support the game. The mod community is among the most enthusiastic gamers and this is true for the latest Rockstar Games creation. But, considering that GTA V is the studio’s most popular release to date, it’s easy to understand that GTA V would have the greatest mod support.
The main issue that many players face with mods is figuring out how to get them installed to ensure they can function within the game. It can be a bit confusing for those who may not be the best at technology. Additionally, there’s the problem of determining which modifications to download in 2022 almost 9 years since the game initially launched. Below, players will be able to see the steps for downloading mods for GTA V and which ones they should be considering installing first.
Downloading Mods in GTA V
Before players know the mods to install, they should be aware of how to download the mods. It’s important to know that players can only install mods when playing in single-player mode, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the use of mods within GTA Online. If players try to join GTA Online with mods enabled the game will be banned.
There are a variety of steps involved in download mods to GTA V. The first step is outlined below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Download the application from your browser, and then follow the installation instructions the application will lay out
- Once the installation process is completed, open OpenIV and choose Windows on the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue, then click the Tools box at the taskbar at the top of OpenIV
- Choose ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. If you are prompted, select Yes.
What this process gives players is the ability where they can download, and then manage GTA V mods. Users can access the OpenIV application at any time to review whether their modifications are in good condition and uninstall them, or alter their settings. The next step of the process is to find physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Check out: GTA 5 mods – Best Modding
- Select a mod you want to download. You can pick a particular class of mods from the menu on the site
- After a mod is selected Click on the box, and then click the green Download button.
- Certain mods will download a .rar download file for your web browser. Other mods redirect you to an Github page that will show the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If mods download as .rar file, you’ll require another program in order to view it like 7-Zip File Manager. It is available for download from the Microsoft Store
- When you have opened the .rar open file has been opened you’ll likely find a ReadMe file which can be opened using Notepad. This will provide directions on how to download the mod
- If the mod is listed found on an Github page and you want to download the latest version, then download it. The mod will be downloaded as a zipped archive, that you have to extract to a different location on your PC.
- After the files have been extracted After the files have been extracted, copy or paste it in the Mods folder in the computer’s GTA V game directory. This is the same directory you specified in the path to the files for the OpenIV application.
- Start GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of your file in GTA V’s GTA V directory or followed the directions for the .rar file
This process is not limited to the general mods available for download, there are mods that make use of scripts. This requires a different mod, called Script Hook in order to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Start the file and then extract the contents to another file on your computer.
- Cut and copy the contents of the file to the directory for games of GTA V, but don’t place them in a particular directory.
- Create a brand new folder in the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose the script mod you want to download (these are typically marked with .net)
- Start the zipped mod file then extract it again.
- The contents should be copied and pasted into the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure that you follow the instructions to use the mod provided by the mod’s creator. The instructions is available at the best-modding.com page about the mod
When all the steps are complete After that, players are able using mods without restriction within GTA V. Read more content like this.