Managing the PST file is a difficult task that is common for all Outlook users. In the world of technology, the most frequently asked question by Outlook users is how to split a large PST file in Outlook. As we all understand, the oversized PST files turn on the issue in Outlook. So it’s important to manage the PST files before they corrupt your Outlook email client. The PST file consists of two dissimilar formats: UNICODE and ANSI. The file size varies with different formats. Sometimes users ignore the fact of the PST file size limitation and start facing issues like corruption in PST files. It splits a large PST file in Outlook before it crosses the given limit.
Furthermore, in the process of stopping Microsoft Outlook under all conditions, cropping huge PST files is required in order to use Outlook in a more coordinated and manageable manner. On this page, we will describe all the steps and solutions to split the large PST file in Outlook.
The Advantages of Splitting a Large PST File in Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019.
- After splitting PST files into smaller parts, they can be easily accessible and improve the search rate in the Outlook application.
- Everyone can easily overcome these hanging and slow processing issues that you are facing when working on Outlook
- PST file splitting can help you zero out the errors in the Outlook program. Hence, it is important to split the Outlook PST files in the process to stop corruption.
A Manual Way to Break Outlook’s Large PST Files
Preventing Outlook from corruption due to large PST files that exceeded the limits. Users must cut the oversized PST files into smaller parts. We are elaborating on three different procedures to split large PST files.
Split Oversized PST Files: Archive Feature to Split Large PST Files
This native method solves the issue of oversized PST files, which cause errors in Outlook when working properly. Come back after these steps for a solution.
- Open MS Outlook and go straight to the File tab.
- Select the Archive option from the File tab.
- Now, select the “Archive this folder and subfolders” option in the Archive window.
- Select the date for archiving items older than the option to archive PST files exclusively before that date from the drop-down box.
- Finally, use the Browse option to find the archive you want to share.
- After that, click the OK button to finish the process.
This manual method works only with the newer version. Outlook versions like 2019, 2016, 2013, and below are not valid for this method. For the older version, you need to choose another manual method to split the oversized PST file.
Compact, Large PST File Size
Let’s start this process to reduce the size of the PST file.
- Go to the File tab in the MS Outlook application.
- Select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select Account Settings >> Data Files from the options.
- Select the data files you want to compress and then choose the Settings option.
- After hitting the Compact Now button, click the OK button.
Third-Party Tool to Reduce Outlook PST File Size
All the manual methods mentioned above have drawbacks and limitations, and they are also time-consuming and lengthy processes. This manual method may not work in spitting out the large PST files in Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000. As a result, if you want an easy-to-use and reliable solution, you can use Outlook PST Splitter, a trusted third-party utility.
Follow the steps:-
- Installing software on your computer is a simple step to Split a Large PST File
- Add the PST file(s) or folder(s) to the list, then browse to the chosen destination location.
- Select the appropriate split options (split by size, folder, date, year, email id, and category).
- Look into the preview of the split information and then click Next to continue the process.
- In the end, the process of splitting a PST file has been successfully accomplished.
In conclusion, we all know this page is for the purpose of spilling oversized PST files in Outlook. As Outlook contains precious files such as emails, notes, tasks, and many other files in PST format, Due to exceeding the limits of the PST file, Outlook creates problems in the working process. So we tried to resolve this issue by breaking the PST files into smaller parts so they could be accessed properly with the use of the manual method. but the manual process is lengthy. So we described the third-party solution to save time and energy by using the Split a Large PST File.