Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager software available as a part of the Microsoft office suite. It was introduced by Microsoft in 1997. The primary function of the outlook is emailing but it also enables you to do calendaring, task managing, web browsing, note-taking, and save several numbers and names of your contacts.
However, if you have been using Outlook regularly, it may show you some other features to help you get more productive. Exploring further, you can import Outlook for Mac, expanding your accessibility and enhancing your productivity across different devices seamlessly.
How is Outlook Different from Gmail?
The primary difference between Gmail and outlook is that Gmail is an email service provider whereas outlook functions as an email client which consumes all of the services of email.
If you wish to visit the official website of the Outlook, I will mention it here:
- For android: www.microsoft.com/outlook
- For mac: www.microsoft.com/mac/outlook
Outlook.com is a free webmail service, previously known as Hotmail and now are brand as outlook.com in 2012 under Microsoft. So today we are here to help you with the rise of common issues outlook users have been facing nowadays.
Mentioned below is one of the complaints we receive from our readers:
Ever since I have installed the new email client service called outlook which is quite an upgrade from y previous email service provider, but the issue is that even though the device is connected to a stable good internet provider (wifi) it shows that Outlook is disconnected from the server or offline and I am not able to send or receive emails.
Sometimes I get a notification that I need to reset my password, is there any solution how to fix it?
Well, before assigning the question we hope that you’ve been operating your Outlook account on windows 10/11 and not on Mac OS.
With this article we will focus majorly on two issues:
- The outlook client is always working in offline mode or is not able to connect to the server.
- The outlook client is online but somehow disconnected from the server and unable to send email efficiently.
Working with Outlook client in offline mode works well when you are in a region with poor internet connectivity, but once you get online you would like to connect to the server and start to receive emails.
Here are the steps on how to get back online:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook app.
- Then proceed to send and receive tab
- On your right-hand side of the table bar, you’ll notice a button “work offline” as below.
- Click on that button.
- Outlook will initiate the process of reconnecting, is still not able to connect try to restart your outlook client.
Outlook Show Disconnected in the Status Bar:
The primary reason for Outlook getting disconnect is that it may have been disconnect from your internal mail provider, if that’s the scenario you may notice it on your lower outlook status bar.
A good possibility is that if you are using Exchange, it might ask you to set a ‘ne password’, so:
- Navigate to the send/receive tab.
- Click on reset exchange password and continue accordingly.
- After this, if outlook initiates syncing your mailbox and connects to the server you are all set.
- In another scenario, if you are not working with Exchange, then do this.
- Close all of the outlook windows and restart the outlook.
- Make sure to confirm that your internet is working fine and if there are no internet issues try to switch off and restart your PC.
We hope the above tricks will help to get your Outlook function properly.
These were the basic information, you must follow so as to avoid any kind of confusion in this regard.
For any query feel free to reach out to us anytime Emailspedia.